Are you trying to get your Linksys WRT54G wireless router to work with your NGN PLDT DSL P990 SE260 modem? Join me on this journey of discovery…
Argh. Why can’t we get this to work? When the Linksys Router is connected to the PC, and the SE260 modem is connected to the WAN port of the Linksys, you can surf.
But once you unplug the Linksys from the PC, and then try to connect the PC wirelessly to the Linksys, you can no longer surf.
And there’s a “limited or no connectivity” error message.
Anyway, will post here some articles for your reading pleasure. Hopefully we will be able to solve the problem: “How do you connect a Linksys WRT54G wireless router to the PLDT DSL P990 SE260 modem?”
Default setting of the SE260 modem – Bridge mode
(Leave this alone since you’ll be using your Linksys Wireless Router)
But if you’re in the mood for learning how to switch a modem to router mode, then read this.
If on NGN:
Leave the ADSL modem alone. Just plug it to your router. Type 192.168.1.1 on your browser to access the Linksys’ GUI. Set it to AUTO configuration DHCP . Set the correct time zone and then save the settings.
Try mo nalang bumalik sa basic setup ulit. I recommend you Hard Reset the Linksys para mag-defaults siya. then do this:
1) Set your modem to Bridge mode and connect directly to a PC to test the Internet connection
2) Kung ok na ang #1 (i.e. may connection ka) then connect mo yung LAN cable na galing sa modem to the Internet port ng Linksys. Connect the Linksys to the PC via its LAN port.
3) Login ka sa Admin ng Linksys and configure the WAN Connection Type to Dynamic IP or Auto-Obtain IP Address
4) Configure mo rin yung static DNS entries ni Linksys kung gusto mo. Use 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, or other
5) Configure mo MTU to 1450
6) Save your settings and restart the router.
After that, try loggin in to the router and inspect the Status Page. Test mo na rin kung stable na ang connection mo.
So here I am one month later, pulled another alternate ROUTER a LINKSYS – my last attempt – I just tried guys – IT DOESN’T WORK – can’t connect to the Internet via routers on this dang MyDSL NGN deal.
Since October 2007?
Here are some notes after reading Blue777Machine’s comment in Bele’s How To: Setup PLDT DSL With Wireless Router…
1. PLDT DSL modem should be in router mode to make things easier for the subscriber.
2. To find out if your modem is in bridge mode, connect it to your computer then open your web browser and visit 192.168.1.1
If you can access your modem via 192.168.1.1 then you will need to change the IP of your router (e.g., Linksys WRT54G) to 192.168.1.2 to avoid conflicts in the IP addresses.
3. If you still can’t connect, then set the IP address of your Linksys router to an address that’s closer to the dynamic IP address assigned to you by the PLDT DSL red modem.
For example, if (when you connect your modem directly to your PC) the IP address you’re assigned is 126.96.36.199, then set your wireless router’s IP to 188.8.131.52
I really wish there were written instructions on how to configure or set-up a PLDT DSL SE260 red modem with a Linksys WRT54G wireless router.
To be continued…