Lots of internet marketers are growing interested in the different webinar services being offered online, because this gives people the chance to connect with even more people in a new way. You’ve read blog, listened to podcasts, and even watched videos. With webinars, however, you now have a more interactive type of podcast or vlog.
So, what makes a webinar service worth your while?
1. You have an engaging audio/visual presentation (or lecture) that people want to watch via the web, because they cannot conveniently go to your venue.
2. You want to hear (or read) questions from your audience while you are presenting your seminar on the web (or webinar).
3. You plan to make at least two presentations a month.
4. You have a back-end product worth offering to those who attend your free webinar.
5. You have a system for inviting people to your seminar, and for following-up on them, or for reminding them about your upcoming webinar (via email or even through Twitter).
6. You have a system that invites people to subscribe to your mailing list, so that you can keep in touch with them long after your webinar has ended.
7. You have a fast enough internet connection which allows your audience to see what you see in your own screen more or less in real-time.
Here are some applications that can make productive use of webinar services:
- E-Tutoring/E-Mentoring. Tutors and students need not be in the same room. You can share your whiteboard, and even adjust your lecture depending on the real-time questions of your student. Great for teaching math or even a new language.
- E-Teleconferencing. If the participants each have a fast internet connection, then this is a cost-effective way of holding a meeting among geographically-dispersed participants.
- E-Storytelling. Connect with your relatives and friends. Walk them through a slideshow, unmute the 25 people present during the webinar, and have fun listening to the real-time remarks.
How about you? Do you see yourself holding a webinar in the future?