Found Janette Toral’s The Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs in 2008, and am now searching for blogs that began no earlier than July 1, 2007.
Hmmm… where do I start? One way of finding new blogs is by looking at the various new Twitter pages. Another is by looking at the comments area of several popular blogs.
Over time, I’ll update this post. Anyway, here goes (in no particular order)…
PinoyAmbisyoso.com – Lav Tan talks about making money online and blogging in general. I wonder, though, why he has entries dated June 2007, while his domain name was registered in July 2007.
ThisIsCoy.net – Coy Caballes inspires more people to try videoblogging, or vlogging. I wonder, though, if this will meet Janette’s criteria. Although the dot net site was registered in September 2007, the blog actually started in http://cokskiblue.blogspot.com, which has April 2007 entries.
It seems the two entries above are not qualified, so here’s my updated list of the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs in 2008 (in no particular order):
- JoanJoyce.com — Joan generously shares a lot of how to make money online tips, and her readers love her for it. Since this has an impact on the economy, I’d say her blog is pretty influential.
- YouGotTech.com — Aileen Apolo and her gang are doing a wonderful job with their video blog. As more people sign up for internet broadband accounts, the consumption of online video is going to steadily increase. Given the popularity of blogging, can videoblogging mania be far behind?
- VisitSagada.com — The rising cost of fuel may put a damper on the spirits of travel bugs, but if you really love to travel (and I know a LOT of you are), then your financially creative side will turn you to more local spots. If you’ve traveled mostly to the Visayas and Mindanao, you’ll probably start itching for more places up north.
- Manila Foodistas — In a highly challenging economic environment, people will veer towards–ya guessed it–food. And that’s why I choose ManilaFoodistas as an emerging influential blog in the economically crazy 2008.
- MoneySavingMom.com — Not everyone is a food tripper, admittedly, and one of the fave words you’ll hear in the mind’s of most people at home is: BUDGET. And that’s why the MoneySavingMom blog is a clear favorite destination here on the web. Not only will you get entertained, you’ll even learn how to stretch your household peso (or dollar, for you probloggers out there) to the max.
- Batanggenyo Online — This is a fairly new blog, yet you’ll have fun learning more about Batangas, and the different destinations it offers. I particularly enjoy reading the page which contains deep Tagalog. Ala-eh!
- PinayMommyOnline.com — You do realize the relentless and unstoppable wave that’s rippling through the web right now, right? Yes, I’m talking about droves of Filipina moms taking to blogging. And this blog will undoubtedly be responsible for encouraging more women to express themselves online.
- After His Own Heart — I’ve often wondered how long it will take before more religious or spiritual blogs appear on the web. I’ve spoken to a number of people, and the usual excuse they give me is that they don’t have time. Well, Hazel will definitely serve as the needed inspiration who will help move people past the tipping point, so to speak.
- Mom’s A Stewardess — This book blog helps both aspiring writers as well as communities and parishes interested in stewardship. It’s not just a blog; it’s connected to a book. And this book (which launches on July 9, 2008) will reach out to people in the offline world. And that’s what makes this site doubly influential. (Disclosure: The blog is maintained by Angelica Viloria, author of the book Mom’s A Stewardess (Or Why There Is No Vacation From Your Vocation): Stories of Stewardship.
- DavaoDeli.com — And to cap this (in no particular order) list on a fulfilling (or should I say, feeling full?) note, Blogie’s food blog will prove to be an undeniable hit among both food lovers and travelers. I was last in Davao in 1976. I know, it’s been a while. I guess it’s time to start traveling. And eating leisurely.
And there you have it. There are lots of other blogs, but we simply need to limit this list to ten. For now. 🙂