Here is a review of Empower Network, a blogging and training system developed and launched by David Wood and David Sharpe, designed to help you make money online with the help of 100% direct commissions.
When you subscribe to the $25/month package of the Empower Network, this is what you get:
- A folder in the Empower Network (for example, www.empowernetwork.com/bloggers) where you can easily publish anything. This means you can promote any business, or even create backlinks or links to any website.
- A fast-start training system.
- An online marketing system that sends 100% direct commissions straight to you.
The online blogging system is easy to use…
The system used is WordPress, where you can simply log in using your username and password, type away, then click a button to publish your article. It’s that simple.
…but can go down when too many people sign-up.
The Empower Network recently launched a marketing message that urged people to upgrade to the $100 a month package. This caused a surge in the number of sign-ups, and for the past 3 days the blogs have been inaccessible.
Some of the techies in the Empower Network team have had to disable a portion of the website which allows people to create their blogs. This has affected the other blogs, which means the content which was published between November 20, 2011 and December 4, 2011 is not available for viewing.
For some people who have invested hundreds of dollars in Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising, this resulted in wasted advertising dollars because the traffic which they sent to EN landed on a webpage that said: “Server Maintenance — We are doing some housekeeping and making some major improvements to our site… We should be back up soon…”
One of the major tips we share with our team of Empower Network Bloggers is: Do Not Treat EN As Your Main Blog.
(Perhaps they should add that tip to the Empower Network Fast-Track Training Program.)
EN is better used as a support for your main blog. This means you should avoid sending paid traffic to your EN blog, and instead focus on your non-EN main blog. Remember, EN should be used mainly for support.
Does The Empower Network Marketing System Really Convert?
Here’s what we’ve seen in the EN system: You basically publish articles online, and people are exposed to a banner above, to the right, and below your main content.
When people click on those Empower Network advertising banners, they will be invited to share their email address for more information.
Afterwards, they will be shown a video (which helps sell the EN blogging and training package). Now since few people buy immediately from the start, an email marketing campaign sends messages in an effort to build a relationship with your reader which may lead to a sale in the future.
The Empower Network System comes with a Lead Capture page… but only 1 email autoresponder message.
There are existing groups in the EN system who help their group members by sharing a 7-part email series. Perhaps this was done because the built-it EN autoresponder series contains only 1 email message.
How can you successfully sell with only 1 message, right?
Then again, the promised offer of EN is a lead capture page (a page where people can sign-up using their email address). There was no offer of a full-blown email autoresponder series.
TIP: Please test, test, and TEST.
The results will vary from website to website, and from visitor to visitor. Based on a series of internet marketing tests where we displayed the EN banners in various multi-topic websites, the clickthrough rate was less than 1 percent.
Perhaps this is a sign that people are blind to banners.
We’re currently gathering more data on what percent of people who do click on the banners end up sharing their email address. And then, that will lead to figures on how many people who did sign-up with their email end up buying at least the $25/month package of EN.
From the initial tests on a network of blogs that gets around 3,000 to 4,500 visitors daily the banner click-throughs are quite low at 0.2 percent. That’s one click for every 450 people who read your webpage.
In other words, if all you are going to rely on are banners, you’ll need to attract a LOT of traffic for this to work.
Clearly, you should not put all your faith in banners alone.
If you want a higher chance of success, you’ll need the following:
1) Another reason, other than you simply want extra income. If you have another blog or even a network of websites, use EN for promo support. Don’t make EN the end-all or be-all destination.
2) Your own email autoresponder series. You’ll need to stand out, and your unique blog content is not enough. You need your own email series, so that people can connect with you.
3) A willingness to serve others first. If all you’ll think about is yourself, if all you focus on are the 100% direct commissions, if all you dream about is “Me, Me, and Me” then you’ll most likely not succeed with Empower Network.
Do You Want To Become Successful With Empower Network?
Then join the team of Empower Network Bloggers, and get the bigger picture of online marketing.
- How to adjust your EN blog for maximum online visibility.
- What to add to your blog posts for maximum marketing power.
- How and when to promote your EN blog — if you mess up with this, your blog will lose 6 months of visibility.
- How to Quickly get your email marketing system up and running in just 7 minutes.
- How to correctly market on Facebook.
Not everyone is qualified to join, though.
To find out if you’re qualified, please get your FREE Internet Marketing Tutorial.
You’ll learn how to blog using email. You’ll also discover if blogging is for you.
Then, after you get to know yourself better, simply reply to any of the PinoyBizNow emails you receive and let us know that you want to become an Empower Network Blogger. 🙂