Janette Toral interviews Maita Siquijor who talks about how 70% of her real estate sales comes from leads generated by real estate online marketing. Watch the video now…
Marketing Real Estate Online from Janette Toral on Vimeo.
Get to know Maita Siquijor’s company more at Architerra Manila Properties (a division of La Maisonette Manila Inc) [http://www.architerra.org]
Highlights / Insights: Real Estate Online Marketing Interview
Here are some points mentioned by Maita Siquijor during the interview:
- Online leads = 70% of sales
- Conversion = 50% to 60% conversion
- Ten to twenty prospects per day.
Okay… what do those numbers mean?
If Maita closed P100 million in sales, 70% or P70 million came from clients who inquired about the Philippine real estate property via the web.
Also, if Maita received inquiries via the web from 100 people, around 50 to 60 of those people went on and bought property through Maita Siquijor.
Yes, that 50% to 60% conversion rate is high.
What works for Maita?
- Niche Marketing – You cannot market everything.
- Know what you like.
- Know your market.
- Focus on middle- to high-end clients.
- Market properties in a certain price range (even if locations are different): P10 million to P25 million
- Focus on three areas: Ayala-Alabang, Makati condos, The Fort condos
- Some clients get tired going through voluminous online classified ads. They prefer Maita’s focused approach.
- Achieved success with a subdomain site – architerra.wordpress.com
- Experimented with multiple, hosted websites (e.g., CondoInManila.com, ResidencesManila.com)
- Maita gets responses even from websites that are not updated often.
- Clients like “lounge shopping on the internet.”
Recommendations of Maita Siquijor for Real Estate Brokers
- Before going online, get down to paper. Review your strategy.
- Write down what you want. Write down your VISION.
- Be passionate.
- Select one tool (e.g. blog, WordPress, Point2Homes, Joomla).
- Courageously experiment with media.
- Ask people what they want.
- Talk about your community.
- Work in a Team.
- Train others and multiply yourself.
- Make time for yourself.
Viloria.net Analysis of Maita’s Online Marketing Success
If you are into SEO and internet marketing and you carefully look at Maita’s architerra.org site, you will quickly sense that she can do so much more. So, why doesn’t she?
We have a feeling she’s getting more demand or client inquiries than she can professionally handle. That’s perhaps why she is leaning more towards hiring people and training them. Otherwise, she will no longer have time for herself.
How did Maita get such high-converting inquiries via her simple website?
Here’s how: Through backlinks.
When we talk about “high conversion”, that means people found Maita’s site via the search engines. These “searchers” are hot buyers because they are specifically looking for properties which Maita offers.
And they found her website in the search engines, because there are a LOT of pages that link to Maita’s websites.
Based on our SEO analysis, here’s how Maita Siquijor received so many backlinks:
1. Put up blogs in free blogging sites. Please note, these are genuine blogs, not spam blogs.
2. Connect with prolific bloggers. If you blog with a passion and your personality connects with high-volume bloggers, you will get a lot of backlinks.
3. Get a hosted website, and link to that website from your free blogs which are hosted in “high reputation” free blog sites.
If you do the above, then even if you don’t update your main blogs and websites on a frequent basis, you will still get visitors from the search engines. Those highly targeted visitors will most likely end up buying a house and lot or even a condo from you.
What can real estate brokers learn from Maita Siquijor? Take a broad approach to online publishing (in terms of where to publish online), and a focused approach when it comes to your subject matter.
You personally have only 24 hours in a day, so plan your activities well. If you want to have more time, then build a team of good communicators.
Good luck and may you, too, succeed in your real estate online marketing projects.
Let’s all thank Janette Toral and Maita Siquijor for generously sharing with us this insightful and thought provoking DigitalFilipino Talks interview, which will certainly help real estate brokers who learn from the lessons revealed.
Please “Like” this page, and leave a comment below. Thank you! 🙂