After enabling the SiteLock CDN/Firewall (which pointed the A record to SiteLock’s 192.x.x.x IP address), we were no longer able to access our test website. The SiteLock logs showed that our IP address was considered as a threat.
As a result, visiting the site just brought up the “Connection Reset…” page.
We tried other website scanning services such as Sucuri, but they were unable to complete the scan since they, too, were being blocked.
In the end, we switched off the CDN/Firewall setting of our website (hosted in Optimized WordPress Hosting)
Once the change in the A record IP address propagates, we’ll test the site again to see if we can view the homepage.
It’s a good thing we tested this on a new domain. Even if the site went offline, that’s all right since there are no existing visitors yet.